Tuesday, April 12, 2005

So.. punishment delayed?? Or is there one?

Personally I feel there are a few rules that need to be set in order for me to be at total peace about my newely aquired "housewife" role. My husband and I have been married "officially" for almost 3 months. (we have lived together for the past 3 years) We have had some rules in the past, but they were all thrown out the window when we discovered there was going to be an addition to the family. That's not to say I wasn't spanked while pregnant, but it never really had the effect I, nor my husband, wanted, not to mention the positioning with an oversized belly isn't the easiest to come by. It was never uncomfortable physically (except for my stinging backside) but, I think, he was afraid to spank me too hard, because of the baby. I was only spanked once as punishment during that time. I think he was glad that I became pregnant, for obvious reasons, but also because that meant he'd have an excuse to brush off any wrong that I did.

Now, to the rules I feel need to be set in place (and feel free to comment if you feel these are totally off the wall)
Keeping the house clean
This is a major problem, because we live in a studio apartment (the three of us) and have alot of stuff. We moved in over a month ago and still don't have everything unpacked. I have 3 boxes of clothes sitting in the living room that really need to be sorted through, and no real reason why they aren't done. (My husband works overnight)
Tantrums
My husband calls them tantrums, I call them an expression of my emotions through my irish temper (Okay, they are temper tantrums, but it sounds cool right?). It used to be that I would yell and scream at him if I felt he was being totally unreasonable and sometimes for no reason at all. There is an exerpt from a letter/story I wrote for my husband after the incident.....
" Here I was, in the midst of a full blown temper tantrum. Now, at 20 years old I should know how to control my temper, but somehow I can't seem to grasp that sense of maturity that keeps me from diminishing myself to a child like state. Standing in the middle of the livingroom, screaming at the top of my lungs. I pick up the nearest throwable, which happens to be a half full bottle of soda, and chuck it at you. Of course off-set by the liquid inside my aim isn't good and I miss you hitting the door. You sit there and let me release all my energy. I finally storm off and head into the bathroom to take my bath."
I don't know why it is that after one of my explosions I tend to go take a bath, maybe it's my way of cooling down, or relaxing after exerting so much energy. That one I didn't get away with though.. and if you like I will explain what happened after my bath.
Smoking
Can I really ask my husband to spank me for doing something he himself does? I want to quit smoking soo badly, not only for my health, but for my daughter's as well. I mean, we do smoke outside and take all the necessary precautions to not smoke around her, or get cigarette smoke anywhere near her.. but it's still on our clothing and everything. We had a rule when I was pregnant that I could only smoke 5 cigarettes a day(because of baby). Which worked for the most part, I only went over that a few times.. the rule was for every cigarette I went over 5 I would get spanked (6-10 was 1 stroke for each and anything above 11 was 2 strokes). But now that I want to quit completely I want to impliment that rule again. But like I said earlier.. is it really fair to ask him to punish me for something he does?
I am not really good at coming up with fascinating endings so, I'll just sign off..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home